Colmex Pro Limited (or "we", "us", "Colmex Pro") is proud in maintaining strong and professional relationships with our clients and general public. Hence, we place strong emphasis in respecting and supporting each person’s right to privacy.
What personal information does Colmex Pro process and why?
When you apply or maintain a trading account with Colmex Pro, we collect personal information about you for business purposes, such as evaluating your financial needs, processing your requests and transactions, informing you about products and services that may be of interest to you and providing customer service.
Information you provide on applications and other forms, such as your name, address, birth date, passport number, phone, occupation, assets and income; or by corresponding with us by post, phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes personal information you provide when you:
• Apply for our products or services
• Create an account on our website
• Professional and Promotional materials to be sent to you
• Give us some feedback
• Information necessary to verify your identity
Examples also include background information we receive about you from public records or from other entities for Know Your Customer (or “KYC”) purposes.
We will use the information you provide us to:
• verify your identity and carry out checks that we are required to conduct by applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, “know your client”, and anti-money laundering;
• contact you on matters related to your account, including without limitation, to request any additional information and/or documentation;
• tailor the products and services offered to you
• assess whether you qualify as a client;
• maintain administrative records relating to our business according to all applicable laws;
• provide you with notices related to your account, general updates, market updates and other marketing materials, including without limitation, the services and products offered by us and our affiliates
• conduct other legitimate or lawful matters
Sharing personal information with external parties
Third party disclosures may include sharing such information with our group companies, affiliates or non-affiliated companies that perform data processing and support services for your account or facilitate your transactions with COLMEX PRO, including those that provide professional, legal, technological, processing payments or accounting services to COLMEX PRO. Third parties are required to maintain the confidentiality of such information and to use your personal information for the purposes that COLMEX PRO dictates and within the ambit of the applicable law.
Also we may share personal information with any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person.
Our legal basis for using your personal information
For other justifiable grounds, including legal obligation and legitimate interests:
We process your personal information where necessary for Colmex Pro to comply with legal and regulatory obligations we are under, and also where it is necessary for legitimate interests we have in conducting our business. These include without limitation:
• Learning about your interests and preferences to contact you with information that is relevant to you and helping us maintain promotional communications with you.
• Analyzing and continually improving the Site and our services and helping us pilot test versions of the Site internally to develop new features and ensure the efficient running of Colmex pro services.
• Detecting and reducing fraud and credit risk.
Individuals whose personal information we process may be entitled according to their place of residence in EU and other regions:
• to review their personal information,
• to request that it is erased, and we will comply, unless there is a lawful reason for not doing so
• that its processing is restricted,
• or that any inaccurate personal information is corrected.
• have the right to object to the processing of your personal information,
• or in some circumstances to obtain a copy of the personal information in machine readable format,
• right to opt-out of marketing communications, you can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you.
• have the right to object to have your personal information disclosed to our affiliates or other third parties as described in this Policy.
Any such request should be submitted in writing to: [email protected] Individuals also have the right to complain about the use of their personal information to the Supervisory Authority which in Cyprus is the Office of the Commissioner for Personal Data Protection.
Cookies are tiny pieces of data that are sent to your computer by a website and stored on your computer. Cookies are non-executable and cannot be used to install malware. They allow websites to recognize visitors when they return and include basic information about them that is checked and updated every time you visit the website.
Some of the cookies that Colmex pro sets when you visit any of our websites are essential to the working functionality of the site.
Performance cookies are another type of cookies uses to provide with you a better user experience and to improve how content on our website is presented.
Marketing cookies are also set usually by third party advertising networks to ensure we are providing you with targeted adverts more relevant to you and your interests. If you do not want to receive non-mandatory cookies, you can manage your preferences. If you use our web services without blocking cookies, you are actually consenting to the cookies.
How does Colmex Pro keep my personal information secure?
We use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information. In particular, we:
• Hold personal information in secure facilities and where the information is held electronically, on secure servers.
• Use encrypted transmission links whenever we can.
• Use other safeguards such as firewalls, authentication systems (e.g., passwords), and access control mechanisms to control access to systems and data.
Retention of personal information
The period for which we will retain personal information will vary depending on the purposes that it was collected for, as well as the requirements of any applicable law or regulation. The retention of your personal information will be subject to periodic review. We may keep an anonymized form of your personal information, which will no longer refer to you without time limits, to the extent that we have a legitimate and lawful interest in doing so.
If you have an account with Colmex Pro, we will store your personal information for as long as you maintain that account, and after you cease holding an account, for as long as we are required to by laws and regulations that are applicable to us.
Our services are not available for users under the age of 18 (or the age of legal consent for the jurisdiction the user is located in) (a “minor”). We do not knowingly collect personal information from or about minors. If you are a minor, you should not download or use any of our services nor provide any personal information to us.
If we become aware that a minor has shared any information with us, we will delete such information. If you have any reason to believe that a minor has shared any information with us, please contact us at [email protected]
Personal Data transfers
The Policy will be reviewed from time to time to take account of changes to our operations or practices and, further, to make sure it remains appropriate to any changes in law, technology and the business environment. Any personal information held will be governed by our most current Policy.
When we update our Policy, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Colmex Pro Limited is the controller of your personal information and is registered as a data controller with the Office of the Cyprus Commissioner for Personal Data Protection under registration number.
Ready to become a Colmex Pro Trader?
Trading in financial instruments involves risks and you may lose your entire investment