During Market hours Yesterday — (Wednesday – 30.11.2022):
- The Dow (Symbol: DIA) went up +2.27%. The S&P 500 (Symbol: SPY) gained +3.15%. and the Nasdaq (Symbol: QQQ) jumped +4.56%.
- Workday (Symbol: WDAY) — Shares of Workday jumped +12% after the company posted earnings results Tuesday that beat Wall Street expectations. The software vendor beat on both top and bottom lines with adjusted earnings per share of 99 cents on $1.6 billion in revenue. Analysts estimated adjusted earnings per share of 84 cents and $1.59 billion in revenue, per Refinitiv.
- State Street (Symbol: STT) — Shares of State Street rose nearly +5% after the bank announced it has mutually agreed with Brown Brothers Harriman & Co. to terminate its proposed acquisition of BBH’s Investor Services business. State Street said it has determined that the regulatory path forward would involve further delays, and necessary approvals have not been resolved.
- NetApp (Symbol: NTAP) — The cloud computing company’s shares dropped more than -9% after NetApp reported quarterly results, including a miss on revenue estimates. The company forecast weak earnings guidance and even weaker revenue guidance for the full year.
- Biogen (Symbol: BIIB) — Shares rose more than +3% after a new study on Biogen and Eisai’s experimental Alzheimer’s drug showed promising results. Eisai also said it believes two deaths in the trial of the drug could not be attributed to the treatment. Biogen stock fell earlier in the week when the report of the second death first surfaced.
During Premarket hours today — (Thursday – 01.12.2022):
- Dollar General (Symbol: DG) — Dollar General slumped -6.1% in premarket trading after the discount retailer cut its annual forecast due to higher costs. Dollar General posted quarterly earnings that missed Street forecasts, but its revenue and comparable store sales beat analyst estimates.
- Salesforce (Symbol: CRM) — Salesforce fell -7.4% in the premarket after the business software company announced that co-CEO Bret Taylor would be stepping down January 31, leaving Chairman Marc Benioff as the sole CEO. Salesforce also reported better than expected quarterly profit and revenue.
- Kroger (Symbol: KR) — The supermarket operator reported better than expected profit and sales for its latest quarter, and it raised its full-year forecast. Comparable store sales were up 6.9%, well above the 4% consensus estimate. Kroger shares added +3.7% in the premarket.
- Snowflake (Symbol: SNOW) — Snowflake lost -5.9% in off-hours trading after the data software provider issued a cautious forecast, even as it reported quarterly results that beat analyst estimates.
*Any information contained in this article, including any information contained in external third party links, if any, is solely for informational purposes and does not contain, or should not be construed as containing, investment advice or an investment recommendation, or, an offer of or solicitation for any transactions in financial instruments. Past performance does not guarantee or predict future performance. Colmex Pro Ltd does not take into account your personal investment objectives or financial situation and makes no representation, and assumes no liability to the accuracy or completeness of the information provided, nor for any loss arising from any investment based on presented information.